5 Tips to Make Your Digital Signage A
Blog written by Tara Nichols
The beginning of a new year is always a good to time to evaluate your marketing strategy and set things on the right path for the year ahead. This applies especially to making the most of your digital signage solution, where a failure to plan is a plan to fail.
Here, we share five tips to ensure your digital signage meets your goals in 2022 (and beyond!).
1. Set goals and objectives for your digital signage
More sales? Greater brand awareness? Better customer engagement? Improved customer experience? Everyone’s ‘why’ for using digital signage is different, but it is still important to define your objectives and set measurable goals to make sure your digital signage strategy is working.
2. Create a content strategy – and stick to it!
There are many moving parts to a sound digital signage content strategy, but here are the basics:
- Identify who is responsible for each stage of content creation, approval and publishing. This may include who comes up with the ideas, who develops the messaging, who designs the content and gathers the creative assets, who will approve the content and who will publish it.
- Develop a robust content schedule of fresh content to prevent messaging and visuals from getting stale or worse, outdated.
- Define the audience for your content, to ensure your messaging is on-target and your tone is right for the people you are communicating with.
- Define important dates and events in your annual marketing calendar and identify what content (assets, messaging and so forth) you will need. Tie your content strategy to any significant campaigns to ensure you have the digital signage aspects covered when the time comes.
3. Think creatively
Even the most mundane content can be delivered in interesting ways. In fact, an element of creativity can make a huge difference in capturing your audience’s attention and getting them to remember your message. Use colour, humour and quirky designs if appropriate for your brand and message, and test different content formats (video, still image with text and so on) to see which ones work best for making your message stand out and moving people to action.
4. Pay attention to playlist timing
Once you have identified your audience personas and created the right content to target them, you need to determine at what times they will potentially be seeing your content. Take some time to identify times of day when particular audience segments are present or passing by, and tailor your playlist to play content at the right times to reach them effectively. This is an essential but often overlooked element, in ensuring that the right people see your content.
5. Be more interactive
Gone are the days when having a simple screen rotating through a series of static messages was enough to capture your audience. Audiences everywhere expect to be able to interact with brands, and you should be seeking opportunities to engage them. Think about upgrading to interactive touchscreens, incorporating tablets or kiosks into your customer experience, running competitions and polls, asking for feedback or incorporating social media elements like social walls into your digital signage to increase engagement with your customers.
Create engaging digital signage with Scala
Scala has helped many brands worldwide transform their marketing with innovative digital signage and marketing technology solutions. Scala Designer, our flagship digital signage software, allows marketers across many global brand to produce polished, professional digital signage content at all levels, while Scala Content Manager makes scheduling and managing your content as easy as 1-2-3.
Explore Scala solutions for all industries today.
About the Author
Tara Nichols, Marketing Consultant at STRATACACHE Asia-Pacific, has a diverse background in marketing, social media and communications. Based in Australia, she supports STRATACACHE APAC’s social media and marketing activities, providing content ideation, writing and creative support services.